Tips: Firefox language problems

More than once now I've installed Firefox on a Portuguese machine which caused a series of minor incoveniences. Formost of these is the Google search returns only Portuguese results which can be quite different than the English results. I found a file in C:\Arquivos de programas\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\google.src which I modified in the following ways:
action="http://www.google.com.br/search"
to
action="http://www.google.com/search"
Then I changed the language:
<input name="lr" value="lang_pt">
to
<input name="lr" value="lang_en">
Also, some sites are a little too smart and convert to Portuguese your language is set to that so added the English language to options in Firefox and put it as the first language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shortest Sudoku solver in Python

Downloading projecteuler.net